We are looking for a Treasury Accountant to support the provision of financial activities within the Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis department.
As a Treasury Accountant you will be responsible for updating the business system with daily transactions, preparing payment runs, monitoring available funds, completing bank reconciliations, updating the short term cash flow forecast model and operating internal SOX audit controls.
We are looking for the Treasury Accountant to have:
- Working towards a suitable accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Competent in cash management
- Strong grasp and experience of financial accounting
- Experience of processing payment runs and BACS payments, including foreign payments
- Solid reconciliations experience as well as monitoring available funds and moving between accounts, including cash flow hedging
- Ability to update short term cash flow model
- Knowledge of working around SOX controls
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter–terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under–represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.