Operations Business Analyst - Investment Banking
Operations Business Analyst – Investment Banking
One of our large banking clients Bank of America is currently looking for an experienced Operations business Analyst AVP Level
The Client Assets Control Group primary objective in EMEA is to ensure compliance with the FCA's CASS rules.
The Contractor will form a key part of the team which covers all aspects of daily BAU processing as well as monthly FCA reporting, Quality Assurance (QA) Testing and Governance Oversight.
This is a dynamic role which offers a lot of variety in the day to day workload.
As part of this team you will be responsible for the oversight and governance of the Firms compliance with UK FCA Client Asset regulations within the UK. Joining this team will provide fantastic learning and growth potential for the successful candidate within an innovative and dynamic team in an area that is of great business importance. A working knowledge of the CASS rules would be beneficial but is not a requisite for a role that offers regular interaction with internal contacts servicing the MLI and BANA London entities.
The Associate will be responsible for working within the Client Assets Control Group in London to provide support to the existing
The daily activities will be varied and will cover the following key areas:
– Support the BAU team in London with the review and approval of account openings and static data setup requests to ensure that new accounts holding client assets are correctly recorded internally.
– Complete the daily Client Money reconciliations for MLI for both the normal and alternative approaches and also the asset shortfall calculation for BANA London.
– Provide daily monitoring and oversight of Client Safe Custody Asset reconciliations to ensure that the key CASS controls are being correctly completed by the respective lines of business.
– Prepare management information for the Client Money Operating Group & Client Assets Oversight Certified Executive.
– Provide Client Asset reporting data for the monthly Client Money & Assets Return for submission to the FCA.
- Regulatory awareness – No specific academic or technical qualifications required however an understanding of regulatory environment operated in the United Kingdom plus a good knowledge of the CASS regulatory requirements is required.
Operations Business Analyst
Investment Banking – or Similar
Able to right business emails/documents
Product experience – General knowledge across all operations product processes and control environment
Excel Technical Skill set – The application may be used for analysis of large data sets so an intermediate knowledge of the application would be beneficial.
- Determination and drive; ability to work well under pressure while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Highly proactive; able to identify problems and seek solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team–player; works well with others to deliver as part of a team
- Ownership; able to take responsibility and go the extra mile
- Well organised and able to prioritize
- Highly adaptable
- Keen desire to learn and progress within financial services