Joining a small and busy Finance team as an Accounts Assistant in Central Oxford.
Well established Oxford based Organisation with a small and growing Accounts team.
Key responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant will consist of the following:
- Check all invoices for accuracy, authorisation in line with company policy and allocation to clients.
- Post invoices, credit notes and payments on to the accounting system.
- Produce weekly payment runs of verified invoices for approval by Finance Director and ensuring supplier payment terms are met.
- Post staff expenses into accounting system, ensuring accurate allocation to clients.
- Pay the full balance due on monthly credit card statement by the due date.
- Reconcile and monitor credit card holding account and individual credit card accounts on the balance sheet.
- Raise accurate and timely expense invoices in line with contractual terms.
- Post invoices, credit notes and receipts into accounting system.
- Monitor trade debtor balances, ensuring timely collection and coordinating with the Finance Director and Account Directors as needed.
- Monitor cash flow status and ensure appropriate balances are maintained, transferring between bank accounts as required.
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly, investigating and following up on any reconciling items.
- Process leavers and joiners onto the payroll, ensuring notification to HMRC as required.
- Draft monthly payroll and reconciliations for approval to agreed timeframes ensuring accurate treatment of variable pay and deductions.
- Print and distribute payslips and enter payroll information into accounting system.
- Answer staff questions on payroll and benefits.
- Ensure accurate/timely monthly and annual reporting to HMRC and production of tax forms for employees in accordance with HMRC regulations.
- Produce and file accurate quarterly VAT returns and process payments as required in line with due dates.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Accounts generalist, with a proven background in the required responsibilities.
PLEASE NOT THERE IS NO PARKING. INFREQUENT WORK 1 SATURDAY A MONTH (3 hours) WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED.
Excellent package and location.