A growing Law firm in Warwickshire is looking for a Finance Director.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding Warwickshire firm and help develop the strategy and commercial direction of the business as well as overseeing the day to day running of the finance function.
The firm prides itself on its agility and the energetic, commercial expertise of its lawyers. They have a unique, inclusive approach to work and clear, well defined values that help set it apart. They value excellent client relationships and invest time and resources in understanding clients, sectors and client expectations. Work is conducted efficiently, seamlessly and with excellence as standard.
You will report to and work with the board, currently of 4 partners, and take responsibility for managing the firm's financial affairs.
To support the Operations and Finance Member by maintaining and developing existing or by introducing new key financial reports and indicators to enable informed targeting of necessary action.
- Providing leadership to the finance function, ensuring proper accounting practices, governance and control processes are in place
- Working alongside the board to develop and deliver strategy
- Involvement with commercial decision making; providing advice on pricing and tenders
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the firm's teams to help drive business performance
- Keeping abreast of market trends to help identify business opportunities
You will build relationships and take on responsibilities in other areas of the firm's operations including BD, HR, IT and facilities. All of these areas have directors or managers in situ, but the right candidate will be the linchpin of the firm's operational structure. This is a critical role for the firm. It offers the chance to influence at the highest level and play a key role in the ongoing growth and success of the firm.
Knowledge and Experience:
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Significant experience of professional partnerships, preferably solicitors
- Excellent report writing skills including Excel
- Knowledge of SAR or a willingness to be trained
- Experience of staff management
In addition to being a well–rounded and technically sound accountant you will be commercially aware and able to contribute to the profitable growth of the firm. It is expected that you will reflect and contribute to the values of the firm and be enthusiastic, collegiate and open to new ideas. The role requires an individual with gravitas and intellect, capable of supporting and challenging partners. You must possess strong influencing skills and be able to win people over.