An excellent opportunity for a Part–Qualified accountant to join an inivative FS company based in the City Of London.
The Management Accounting team are an integral part of Global Finance Operations with the team based in the London Head Office responsible for the accurate and timely production of management accounts for EMEA and APAC businesses.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of P&L and Balance Sheet for business areas within the group, and ownership for delivering monthly results to Business Partners, therefore it is crucial that you understand, maintain and develop these relationships effectively.
The focus of the role is to develop and maintain robust controls in financial reporting, challenge processes for continuous improvement, whilst delivering accurate accounting packs with succinct analytical analysis within the given month end timetable deadlines.
Accounting and Reporting
- * Responsible for monthly reporting of assigned business areas, work closely with other global Finance teams to close the accounts in accordance with the current Fin Ops timetable.
- * Ownership of P&L for assigned businesses, performing monthly analysis and commentary, investigating material cost variances and building the reporting packages.
- * Working closely with the business and Finance Business partners to ensure good engagement and strong commercial awareness.
- * Prepare, review and challenge journals to ensure sufficient support and accuracy.
- * Balance sheet reconciliation preparation and review to ensure that balances are fully supported and documented and within timelines agreed.
- * Develop and implement processes that will improve the workings and efficiency.
- * Quarterly & half year reporting requirements.
- Review of accounts provided by outsourced accounting firms/ overseas offices.
- * Ownership of assigned Intercompany reconciliations and relationships.
- * Additional analytical reviews and reporting as required by the business.
Processes & Controls
- * Maintain documentation of high level processes and detailed process notes, ensuring procedures are kept up to date and adhered to.
- * Assess, report and document controls and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- * Identify and deliver process improvements and focus on improving productivity and efficiency; driving automation where applicable.
- * Assist other team members in understanding and basis of good review and controls.
- * Partner with Finance Manager on Fin Ops development projects.
- * Responsible for liaising with audit during the interim and year end audits, ensuring all audit queries dealt with on a timely basis and with adequate support.
- * Support Finance Operations Projects and initiatives driving change across Finance Operations.
- * Develop and maintain strong relationships across the business.
- * Fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Degree Educated with 2:1 or above
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- * Financial Accounting/ Management Accounting experience
- * Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and advanced Excel
- Oracle experience advantageous
GBP30,000–GBP34,000 + Bonus + Study & Benefits