Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager
Position: Assistant Finance Manager
Salary: Between GBP26,000–GBP29,000, Depending on Experience + Great DHL Benefits
Contract Type: 12 months Fixed Term Contract (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 30th April 2018
For the role of Assistant Finance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you act as a key member of the finance team supporting the Homebase Open Book Warehouse Operation. The purpose of this role is: to ensure DHL policies are adhered to and adequate financial controls are in place. You will complete all customer weekly and month end reporting and ensure that all financial aspects of the contract are managed effectively maximising cost saving and revenue opportunities for the customer and DHL. You will ensure effective financial management of the contract based on the timely and accuracy production of budgets, period accounts and add–hoc cost information for external and internal stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Preparation of weekly accounts and KPI's, including monitoring of key commercial characteristics and identification of any changes.
* Completion of DHL month end accounts and trading , including balance sheets , OBR's and other internal reporting requirements, ensuring profit is accurately reflected in financial results.
* Reconcile payroll costs form relevant payroll system to Oracle costing reports
* Ensure all customers are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner , and sales invoices are paid on time as per contract.
* Management of site procurement and corporate card returns through Oracle.
* Provide relevant financial information into seniors finance team ultimately responsible for contract performance
* Support Finance and Operational Managers in understanding key cost drivers of contract profitability, including KPI's , pricing mechanisms etc.
* Provide appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence decision making process.
* Review key risks and anticipate potential risks arising from new strategies and external factors
* Build solid relationships with internal customers through delivery of exceptional service.
* Responsible for ensuring financial controls are robust & adequate & in keeping with DHLDP policies
* Management of PO's/Invoices in Oracle
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Qualified or training towards relevant Accounting Qualification (AAT / CIMA)
* Qualified by experience in similar role
* Good understanding of Accounting framework, policies & procedures
* Exposure to raising/managing POs, sales invoices, month end, Balance Sheet Reconciliation & Open Book Reconciliation
* Influence business decision by demonstrating a detailed understanding of logistics and DHL financial expectations
* Excellent communication skills at all levels across the business and with all stakeholders
* Excellent relationship building skills & experience
* Good knowledge of using MS Excel
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: