Management Accountant - Tech
The Consultancy Group are currently looking for a Qualified Management Accountant to join a Multi–National Tech business based in Central London on a Permanent Basis.
Reporting in to the Financial Controller this is a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a household name business.
- Management and control of Head Office Overhead actuals.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepare monthly Central Overhead reports of actuals and commitments versus budget/forecast for all departments and review reports with budget holders and senior personnel.
- Review monthly Overhead expenditure – including correction of posting errors.
- Posting of accruals & prepayments and recharges
- Prepare monthly Overhead "Flash" forecast including analysis versus budget/quarterly forecast
- Manage the monthly project accounting for IT budgets.
- Production of monthly Fixed Asset register. Including impairment and retirement
- Expert approver of Assets
- Perform Monthly depreciation run ensuring that there are no unexplainable differences
- Manage monthly Balance Sheet report, and ensure all reconciliations are filed and signed.
- Prepare month end reconciliations of accruals, prepayments, recharges and fixed assets.
- Reconcile and post the monthly payroll for UK based companies
- Produce a monthly reconciliation of payroll postings to payments made to employees, Pension Fund and HMRC
- Prepare all recharges for month end prior to month end close and ensuring that the recharge account is reconciled fully on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve Overhead Purchase Requisitions on behalf of Finance, ensuring accuracy and adherence to purchasing principles
- Support Accounts Payable team with Overhead specific queries
- Assist business users with SAP related issues
- Provide GTO with relevant tax information with regards to overhead costs
- Assist Internal audit, SOX audit and External audit teams with general ledger data requests and ensure all requested data is accurate and provided to requested timelines.
- Complete National Statistics questionnaires to required timelines.
- Support month end close and reporting pack and assist Financial Controller where necessary
- Co–ordinate Central Overhead budget/forecast processes ensuring deadlines are communicated and templates are issued and collated in a timely manner.
- Work closely with each department head/VP to review and amend cost centre forecasts and budgets
- Attend regular budget and forecast meetings
- Assist budget holders with preparation and presentation of annual overhead budgets
- Upload budgets and forecasts into BPC and Business Warehouse
- Ensure all Overhead Forecast and Budget guidelines are current and clear and in accordance with SIEE accounting policies, Sony policies & US GAAP.
- Minimum of 1 year post qualified proven financial accounting experience working within a large multinational organisation
- Strong technical accounting skills – qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Previous proven experience of managing a team
- Previous proven experience of payroll reporting
- Previous experience of project accounting and managing large project budgets.
- Systems literate – with experience of SAP, Business Warehouse, BPC with an intermediate level of Excel competency
- Ability to work within a time pressured environment
- Strong time–management and organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lead and drive productive meetings
- Experience of working closely with non–finance business stakeholders and ability to build effective working relationships across the organisation
- Discreet and conscientious working attitude, as well as ability to use initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail to ensure accurate reporting.