Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, our client is a high growth market leader looking for a Head of Finance to lead their UK finance team.
This job would suit a qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA) with a strong academic record and experience of managing and developing a high performance finance function. The role will be responsible for driving performance across the UK Business and overseeing the day to day financial accounting.
This company is a growing global business with sites worldwide and is a world leader in its industry with award winning product. The Head of Finance is a key member of the leadership team tasked with driving the UK business forward, reporting into the Group.
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) and able to report and explain financial results to local and regional management. The candidate should have strong problem solving and project management experience with excellent IT and communication skills. It is essential the candidate has risk management and advisor relationship management skills within an environment driven by tight schedules as well as the ability to manage and develop a strong Finance team.
Duties will include:
- Provided financial and commercial support to the Sales and Operations Leadership teams, with a clear understanding of the business' performance drivers
- Managing the development and updating of standard costs
- Business Partner to UK Management Teams, monitoring business performance and providing understanding behind the numbers to drive performance.
- Providing business analysis and financial information on a timely basis
- Responsibility for the production of the management and statutory accounts for UK businesses
- Ensures compliance with Corporate Policy, Local Statutory requirements and UK GAAP
- Responsibility for the current month's forecast, interim forecasts and annual budgets using appropriate tools to track performance to forecast and ensure a 'no surprises' environment
- Undertakes ad hoc projects as required
- Support the Group CFO and Board
- Challenges current working practises and processes to drive improvement with the finance department and operations
For more information about this role or any other Head of Finance roles in Buckinghamshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability