Head of Finance - SME Banking
KennedyPearce currently have the pleasure of recruiting for an exciting Head of Finance role for an SME international bank in the West End of London.
The role is reporting into the CEO and has 3 direct reports. This is a Senior Management function as listed by the FCA and carries the prescribed responsibilities of SMF2 Chief Finance Function – 'Responsibility for the production and integrity of the branch's financial information and its regulatory reporting in respect of it regulated actives'. Having an existing SMF2 function is preferred but is not essential, although you will need to be a person of the appropriate calibre and experience to perform all required regulated prescribed duties.
- Manage accounting procedures and controls, establishing and tracking a consolidated MIS pack
- Production of all finance originated returns
- Contribute to the development of the business strategy by providing input to the CEO
- Cover in absence of CEO for all day to day branch management
- Act as the official branch signatory for official branch documents
Tax and Regulatory Returns –
- Preparation and submission of Bank of England regulatory financial returns according to required timetable – investigation of any anomalies or discrepancies and their correction prior to submission
- Completion and payment of CT61 returns and completion and submission of Section 17/18 returns to HMRC
- Completion and submission of VAT returns to HMRC
- Completion and submission of corporation tax return to HMRC
Finance/Management Accounting –
- Preparation of monthly management accounts – branch budgets, accruals, fixed asset & prepayments management
- Review of P&L and balance sheet, preparation of a monthly commentary of actuals vs budget
- Production of daily treasury finance control reports
- MIS reporting to branch and group finance
Team Management –
- Managing and developing finance team and direct reports
- Assigning tasks and delegating duties
You will need to have a proven track record of senior management within your current role, be a qualified accountant and have at least 8 years + experience in a role within a similar environment.
You will need to come from a Banking background to be a relevant candidate for this role – please do not apply if otherwise.
Salary: GBP75,000 – GBP100,000 per annum (DOE)
If you are interested in discussing this role in more detail or seeing the full job specification then please get in touch with Olivia Power either by calling or emailing