Our team in Peterborough offer a full range of compliance services and business advice to owner–managed businesses, multinationals and high net worth individuals in the Peterborough, Stamford, Huntingdon and Fenland areas.
Our accountants, tax and business advisers have been offering specialist advice in Peterborough since 1977.
We're seeking a talented Business Services & Outsourcing Accountant to prepare management and statutory accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders. You'll also have the opportunity to prepare submissions for VAT.
What is in it for you?
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to GBP4000 for a successful referral
- The preparation of management accounts, including posting to Xero, Sage Line 50, or equivalent software, where we maintain the clients records, from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met
Work on a wide range of statutory accounts and bookkeeping assignments
Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget and time is fully utilised
Billing (where appropriate)
Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded
Provide technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the Sage Line 50 and other accounting software.
AAT level 4 qualified or qualified by experience
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment
- Strong double entry bookkeeping knowledge and skill
- Good working knowledge of Xero, Sage and other accounting software packages
- Proven experience and knowledge of preparing VAT returns
- Basic tax knowledge – how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational/time management skills
- Communication – demonstrable written, verbal and active listening skills
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across