The Management Accountant will be a member of the finance team working under the guidance of the Head of Finance. Will assist with monthly management accounts, alongside supporting the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes for the organisation. Will develop and continuously improve the management information to assist budget holders, being a key contact on all operational and strategic finance matters.
Client is renowned Educational establishment in Cheshire.
To prepare and review the monthly management accounts, provide insightful management information and financial analysis and deliver to tight deadlines.
- To work with the Head of Finance in all financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes and consolidate results for the area in line with operational structure
- To produce monthly and other ad hoc financial reports including relevant reconciliations, and ensure that these are distributed to the relevant bodies and that appropriate action is taken where necessary.
- To work with the Head of Finance and Leadership team to develop a clear understanding of the drivers of business performance in order to enhance financial forecasting and decision making.To seek opportunities to continuously improve procedures as necessary to adequately support business activities.
ESSENTIAL FOR THE ROLE:
Possess a recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- Significant experience of working in a management accounts preparation role.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to engage colleagues at all levels, including those without financial expertise.
- Strong analytical skills to enable production of meaningful financial reporting.
- Ability to convert data into management information easily understood by non–accountants and colleagues alike.
Strong IT skills, particularly accounting systems and high level excel skills, including data manipulation and interrogation.
To be able to build networks and communicate effectively with a broad set of internal and external contacts.
On offer for the candidate is a competitive package and pension contribution as well as opportunities for development and progression which are unparalleled in the industry.