SF Group are pleased to be recruiting for a well established academy in South Birmingham. Our client is looking for an Interim Finance Manager who is available for an immediate start.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring appropriate financial procedures are in place and maintained to comply with DfE, ESFA and trust requirements
- Managing month end procedures, including reconciliations and returns as required, and compile monthly management accounts
- Compiling draft annual budgets for submission to the Finance Director
- Managing the Finance Officers
- Liaising with budget holders and other staff as appropriate to ensure best value and efficient and effective use of finance resources
- Attending the trust's Finance and General Purposes committee meetings
- Taking responsibility for the management of the ParentPay systems
- Monitoring budgets and report to appropriate bodies
- Preparing accounts and reports to inform the end of year accounting process
- Ensuring all income is correctly assigned and accounted for
- Attending Senior Leadership Group meetings as required
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be reasonably requested
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Finance Manager, ideally having worked in a similar environment. You will have excellent problem solving skills and have the ability to adapt and use your own initiative. You will have excellent communication skills and be confident in the use of Excel.
This is an interim position for a period of approximately 6 months.