- Full time
GBP40000 – GBP50000, Practice Accountant, progressive role and route to partnership, London NW4
Your new company
Your new firm is a Chartered Accountancy practice and business advisor based in North West London, NW4.
This friendly one partner practice with a small number of staff including an accountant and a handful of Bookkeepers/Management Accountants operates from serviced office premises just a short distance from either Hendon Central or Brent Cross stations offering excellent transport links locally or to Central London. There is street parking close by too.
The practice was incorporated a number of years ago to provide Audit, Accountancy, Taxation, Bookkeeping and general Business Advisory Services to a portfolio of clients operating in industry sectors including Property, Retail and Fashion boasting some high profile names.
The firm is committed to providing expert advisory and support services, which are tailored to our clients' individual needs. With a friendly, approachable team, Paragon will work with you to develop an understanding of its client's unique circumstances, and suggest strategies to help you to achieve your business and personal objectives.
Your new role
You will be reporting directly to the firms partner and will be responsible for a range of accounting tasks to include preparation of Audit files; preparation of Financial Statements and Year–end Accounts; Corporation Tax computations and returns; some Bookkeeping and preparation of monthly and quarterly Management Accounts and VAT returns; Payroll and other ad–hoc accountancy duties as may be required, in addition to supervising more junior colleagues where necessary. Previous audit experience although required is not a prerequisite of the role.
Key Responsibilities of the Role Your role will include but may not be limited to the following tasks:–
- Preparation of Audit files for Partner review;
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Statutory Accounts for the firm's clients to include sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
- Corporation Tax Computations and Returns;
- Bookkeeping, Management Accounts and VAT returns;
- Dealing with client queries;
- Supervising more junior colleagues;
- Liaising closely with the Partner to ensure efficiency of the practice;
- Sage, CCH & Excel and Qtac
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified certified accountant ACCA or QBE with relevant previous experience of working in a practice accounting firm;
- Previous experience with accounting software packages
- You will have strong business focus and awareness of current affairs
- Year–end accounts preparation and tax return skills essential
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- An ability to analyse and interpret data
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- An ability to work as part of a small team
- An ability to work to and meet deadlines
- You will need to be client facing
- Proficient in using Sage, CCH & Qtac and Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a solid and well established practice accounting firm boasting an interesting and varied client base. By joining this small firm you will be given plenty of responsibility and will be able to carve out a successful and rewarding career with the potential for partnership further down the line.
- You will receive a generous basic salary
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement including bank holidays
- Statutory auto enrolment pension scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up–to–date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.