Bordereaux Claims Technician
- Overall Objective
- To provide an efficient and high quality Technical Claims support services to internal and external customers.
- Main Responsibilities
- To deal with all technical Claims support functions referring to Team Leader when issues fall outside of own experience or knowledge.
- To maintain Claims Bordereaux including formatting queries.
- Review Claims Bordereaux entries on Binder Cloud /Pivot Point, and resolve all queries identified by the following means:-
- Liaising with the Underwriting teams
- Liaising with the Third Party Administrators/Brokers
- Own investigation or utilising internal resource
- Validate and Process monthly Loss Fund Payments for the TPA’s and Interim Cash Calls when required.
- Produce monthly/Ad-hoc claims reports as required by the Underwriting teams.
- Uploading of claims Bordereaux to Binder Cloud / Pivot point.
- Job Objectives
- To deal with telephone enquiries promptly, referring the query to the appropriate person when the query falls outside of own knowledge or experience.
- To ensure that senior team members are advised and informed of changes to information where appropriate.
- Ensure all communication with clients and u/w are accurately recorded as per company compliance manual.
- To maintain all technical systems as required.
- To ensure all technical files are in good order and that all monitoring procedures are adhered to as per the Company’s Professional Standards Manual.
- To provide assistance to other areas of the Company’s business as may be required
- To meet KPIs
- Knowledge Required
- Basic understanding and knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principals
- Skills Required
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports.
- Ability to quickly learn how to deal with new tasks
- Confident and effective telephone skills.