Senior Risk Manager - Commercial
Due to our continued growth, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Risk Manager to join our Commercial Risk function.
In this newly created role, the Senior Risk Manager will have responsibility for the overall achievement of objectives for a fast paced Commercial Risk function.
Reporting into the Group Head of Risk, this role would suit an experienced Senior Risk Manager with extensive people management experience and prior exposure to credit risk.
• Lead, develop and support the Commercial Risk team
• Manage the second line credit risk function for Commercial Finance
• Implement the Enterprise Risk Management Framework within Commercial Finance
• Oversee departmental outputs and reporting to risk governance fora and maintain comprehensive KRI and credit risk portfolio monitoring
• Provision of timely information on the Commercial portfolio, trends, performance, early warning indicators, and identification of risk hotspots through regular and ad-hoc reporting
• Develop, implement and maintain the Commercial Risk Policies Framework, and assess and monitor compliance with Group risk policies.
• Lead risk related change projects and support the wider Commercial division with related operational change and strategic process improvements
• Manage and maintain the annual review and update process of the Commercial risk and policy framework, defining controls and assessing gaps against current practice in conjunction with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and the supporting Group Risk Plan
• Assist with setting Commercial risk appetite and co-ordination across the businesses with data lead analytical approaches to setting risk appetite levels, escalate and inform the business of risk appetite breaches and work with stakeholders to avoid breaches in appetite
• Oversee the development of Commercial credit risk management, including IFRS9
• Development and implementation of the 'risk continuum' of escalation and reporting of appetite level breaches
• Lead assessment of the level of adoption of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, and reporting to Group Executive on the implementation and progress against policy and framework deliverables
• Undertake thematic reviews and data-led deep dives
• Work with the different areas of the business to coordinate & implement Enterprise Risk Management Framework activities, delivering an aligned approach to risk management where appropriate across the organisation
• Ensure risks are assessed in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, and provide challenge
Essential skills and experience
• Experienced team manager
• Excellent written and oral communication, strong analytical and statistical modelling skills
• Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with ability to influence up to Executive level
• Deep knowledge and experience of Enterprise Risk Management and of the financial services regulatory environment with specific knowledge of credit risk management
• Experience in driving strategic change using data-driven analytical techniques and insight
• An understanding of financial services industry best practices in risk management and the ability to work in a challenging, and constantly changing environment
• General understanding of risk disciplines
Desirable skills and experience
• Risk qualifications, whilst not essential, are preferred
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
Together has been named as one of the UK's best 100 mid-size companies to work for. We went straight into the top 40, ranking at an impressive 34 in the UK and making the top ten in the North West.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.