The appointee will enjoy a varied role and key responsibilities will include:
- overall responsibility for the financial control of the operating companies;
- financial control of the management company;
- periodical reporting of accounts under IFRS;
- preparation of the management accounts;
- preparation of key performance data to aid commercial decision making;
- developing a robust understanding of the control environment within the operating companies and improving the controls;
- acting as a point of contact for technical accounting queries;
- providing the investment team weekly cashflow reports and structured data around performance against budget to date;
- implemention of an Enterprise Resource Planning system (such as Microsoft Dyanmics) within the operating companies; and
- ad-hoc project works as required as part of the general professionalisation of the the firm's operations, particularly from a finance and accountancy perspective.
The succesful candidate must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), preferably with an audit background, but this is not essential. You must have financial accounting or financial control experience however we are open to the sector experience. That said experience within agriculture, oil & gas, mining or a company operating a similiar structure - i.e a buy-and-build strategy with subsidiaries or operating companies within different geographies (in particular, developing economies) will be favourably received. You must enjoy detail - there is an incredible amount of value to add at a granular level (i.e. accounting and controls) as you will play a pivotal role in the next phase of the firm's evolution. You must be discrete, warm, confident yet low-ego and able to fit into a small, collegial team oriented environment. You must also have a willingness to travel as there will occasional trips to South America and other locations.