Interim Tax Compliance and Reporting VAT Manager -International
Being solely responsible for the day to day tax and accounts compliance whilst also adding value from a strategic persepective. The successful candidate will need to be proficient in tax and VAT as part of their most recent experience.
My client is a unique music company. They aim to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. They offer creative support, provide the best access to platforms and aim to maximise the value of each and every copyright. They truly partner with their clients and see themselves as working for their clients rather than vice versa.
As an organisation they have over 700 employee's globally in locations such as America, Brazil, Germany, Australia and many others. In London they have circa 200 of which 20 sit within Finance.
With circa 30% increase in revenue alone in 2017, now is an amazing time to join the business!
The main purpose of this role is to pro-actively assist the Financial Controller to manage the compliance function for the business, be alert to risk and proactive in ensuring compliance and best practice is cascaded throughout Finance and the business. In particular take responsibility for general tax compliance, statutory accounts and National Statistics returns.
- Co-ordinating, compiling, submitting and actively reviewing corporation tax for all companies with assistance from group tax.
- Prepare/review various HMRC returns (VAT, Section 16, EC sales list)
- Standardise and co-ordinate the preparation of statutory accounts for group companies within tight group deadlines - approx. 45 entities
- Month end accounting including accruals, interest, corporation tax, foreign exchange management, management recharges etc in SAP and Magnitude
- Correct mapping and flow errors in Magnitude
- Maintenance and submissions of all external returns such as ONS
- Liaise between group level and the subsidiary
- Complete risk assessment, insurance questionnaires etc.
- ACA/ ACCA/ ICAS/ CTA qualified
- Previous experience of Tax, International Tax, EC Sales Lists and Tax compliance.
- Experience of retail/manufacturing (stock based businesses) would be beneficial
- Ability to manage/co-ordinate work for a large number of legal entities Music industry experience
- Team Player
- Critical thinking
- Ability to challenge information and key stakeholders
- Knowledge of Tax Compliance, Magnitude Reporting and VAT reporting requirements
- Interim opportunity
- Potential for the role to go permanent
- Tax Compliance
- Strategic Tax Advice (re Brexit)
- International Tax
- Music production company with circa 30% YOY growth
- 3-6 Month Role
- Manager level
- Group and subsidiary liaising
- Central London / West London / Paddington
- Tax manager / International tax manager