Business Analyst (Travel Company)
Location: Witney, Oxford (car driver essential due to location)
- Gather business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, process descriptions, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high–level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Providing support and recommendations to the business owner to keep the project moving forward.
- Document business requirements and understand business priorities to ensure that user's needs are accurately reflected in the development planning.
- Design and produce business process maps
- Ensure that business requirements are effectively translated into detailed functional and technical specifications from which appropriate business systems can be implemented or existing systems enhanced
- Work with the technical team throughout the development phase to ensure the suitability of the provided solutions
- Engage with the business during user acceptance testing to ensure that the final product meets the requirements of the business
- Effectively communicate to the business and stakeholders what changes are being made during the project life cycle
- Assist in preparing business cases for proposed systems, identifying the benefits and costs
- Contribute to project plans and provide IT project support to Project Manager, when needed
- Desire to make a difference
- Experience of conducting business and systems analysis
- Proven ability to produce concise and objective specifications of business needs
- Proven ability in challenging the business to consider all options available and provide recommendations to ensure projects are progressing
- Experience of process design and improvements
- Experience of working with bespoke in–house systems
- Experience of working within the travel industry
- Good presentations skills
- Strong user of the Microsoft Office suite
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.