The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting the Finance and Accounting Departments in various accounting and finance related tasks. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for monthly close, account reconciliations and daily ad–hoc tasks.
- Monthly preparation of Journal entries to record Revenues, COGS and Mark–to–Market.
- Bi–monthly preparation of Borrowing Bases.
- Compile, reconcile, and analyze financial information for month end close.
- Perform variance analysis on balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Monthly preparation of Gross Margin and perform in depth analysis.
- Completion of the monthly gas and renewable inventory reconciliation.
- Support management with ad–hoc requests.
- Assist with external & internal audit requests.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the information being reported
- Maintain ad update documentation of processes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent.
- 1–3 years of financial analyses preferable in retail energy industry.
- Experience using SQL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word/Excel/Access) advanced skills in Excel.
- Experience with Great Plains, EC Infosystem and Isigma billing system a plus.
- Energy industry knowledge a plus.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work independently.
- Must have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self–motivated, process/results oriented.
- Problem solving and in depth research and analytical skills.
- Communicate and collaborate daily with other departments within organization.
- Able to work in a deadline oriented environment and turnaround requests quickly.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. now and in the future without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H–1B visa status)
With over a million residential customer equivalents, Crius Energy is a comprehensive energy solutions partner that provides electricity, natural gas and solar products to residential and commercial customers. Crius Energy connects with customers through an innovative family–of–brands including USG&E, TriEagle Energy, Public Power, Comcast Energy Rewards, Crius Solar and Viridian Energy. Crius' broad suite of energy products and services make it easier for consumers to make informed decisions about their energy needs. The company is currently active in 21 deregulated energy markets across the U.S. and Australia, with plans to continue expanding its geographic reach.
We are committed to making this world a better place to live by being socially and environmentally responsible – supporting both our local communities and improving our planet.
Crius offers a comprehensive suite of benefits and employee rewards programs, including paid time off for volunteering/community service.
Due to the volume of responses we receive, we regret that we can only respond to those candidates under consideration.
Crius Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.