2 days left
- Full time
- Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) with Asset Management Experience
- Leading Infrastucture Asset Manager based in London
About Our Client
Our client is a new entity ("Newco") and is an exciting and innovative company that has been created as a result of an acquisition of a successful and highly regarded investment management business from a large corporate parent.
The business is currently supported from a finance perspective by the parent group who will be seeking to transition this responsibility soon after the sale completes.
Consequently an accomplished, well rounded and hands-on Financial Controller is required to join this highly regarded team to build a finance function that is not only fit for purpose today but ultimately one that is capable of scaling up as the business grows in the future.
Reporting to the COO, this role initially is focused on the set up of an in house accounting function within an established business. The candidate would therefore need to:
- Assist in the build of a finance function using Sage 200;
- Establish and design Newco financial control systems, procedures and policies;
- Assist with the transition of the global corporate finance function from the previous parent and establishment of the new corporate accounting system, controls and procedures for Newco;
- Work on the delivery of all aspects of the financial performance and financial control functions related to assets in the UK, USA and Asia;
- Work alongside the new parent / owner for monthly reporting requirements; and
- Ensure the integrity and timeliness of the financial positions and performance results that are the key outputs of these functions.
Strong senior stakeholder management is critical. The role will act as the key finance contact, liaison and enquiry point for the global business. The role will involve working across business lines and will actively consult with members of the Executive Leadership Team.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a degree qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW) or equivalent
- Demonstrate several years of audit and industry accounting experience along with significant post qualification experience - likely to be in an asset or investment managment capacity in a hands on environment
- Have proven leadership capabilities (both formal and informal reporting lines and clients)
- Be able to demonstrate proven business process change and continuous improvement experience
- Have experience of system development and change implementation
- Possess strong quantitative/numerical and analytical skills
- Have sound verbal and written communication skills including Board/Management reporting experience
- Have proven project and time management skills
- Be proactive and have a continuous improvement approach to current financial processes and propose/devise improvements that take into account broader business/group issues and restraints
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and laterally to provide solutions to complex problems/issues
- Have the knowledge and ability to research UK prudential requirements in relation to investment firms (BIPRU, AiFmD, and MiFID)
- Have the knowledge of and ability to research as required UKGAAP/USGAAP/IFRS requirements as well as regulatory and taxation requirements
- Have Sage 200 or relevant system experience
- Be a reliable and dependable self starter who is pragmatic, well organised, adaptable and comfortable conducting work and communicating in an open independent manner, consulting and seeking confirmation with their proposed approach or resolution of issues as required
- Gain satisfaction from ensuring that own work is completed to a high standard and within agreed time frames
- Demonstrate initiative and take responsibility for deliverables and outcomes
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and package in on offer along with excellent career prospects in a forward looking and progressive organisation
Ref Code: MPEF13890369Z