Head of Internal Audit
Our client is an international healthcare group, serving 30 million customers in over 190 countries. With revenues of c. GBP10bn and 80,000 employees worldwide, this high growth business covers multiple insurance products and healthcare operations.
Reporting the UK Director of Audit will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Assist the business in achieving its strategic goals by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of these processes.
- Undertake special project work, or line responsibilities in emergencies, as agreed by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Provide an internal consultancy service that may be used by line management, particularly in the areas of specialist knowledge.
- Represent Internal Audit within Head Office by managing relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders on behalf of Internal Audit.
- Prepare papers and reporting to committees as required.
- Lead a team of audit professionals across Centre to provide technically credible audit coverage in line with the agreed global audit methodology.
- Coordinating assurance activities across the group through the use of Global resources or outsourced providers.
The successful applicant is likely to be a Senior Manager from a "big 4" internal audit or external audit team or an individual operating at a similar level in an in–house audit function. Insurance sector experience would be strongly preferred. Preference will also be given to candidates that are fully qualified accountants who can demonstrate a strong understanding of what being a trusted business partner in a service orientated audit function means. Experience building strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation will be essential.