Paymentshield is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage advisers. Founded in 1992 and based beside the sea in sunny Southport, we have developed five flexible products: Home Insurance, Landlord's Insurance, IncomeShield, MortgageProtector, Home Buyer's Protection, all designed around the needs of the customer. We're proud of the quality and breadth of insurers that our home insurance panel offers, meaning more choice for the customer.
In 2006 we became part of the Towergate Group, the UK's largest independently owned insurance intermediary, generating GBP3 billion of pro forma gross written premiums across its companies and employing circa 4,400 people (including 280 strong Paymentshield team) across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK's largest insurers. Towergate's scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.
If you'd like to join us, we'd love to hear from you.
Member of a team responsible for working with the business to explore all business change required and to assess what is needed to achieve their goals.
Within this role you will work directly with all areas of the business to capture, consolidate and communicate all requirements from SMEs to the rest of the team. All information must be documented in accordance with PSL standards which will aid the System Analysts with their processes.
Principle Objectives & Responsibilities
- Work effectively with all areas of the business to identify required changes for both project and small change activity.
- Seek, create and maintain business requirements documentation and/or user stories, both at a high level and detailed level capacity.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting any changes to operational/business processes and documentation.
- Actively seek sign off from stakeholders when required.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency across the business.
- Provide support to all IT Development teams when progressing any required changes.
- Contribute to the planning of business change with project managers.
- Consult with relevant internal/external parties, service providers and suppliers as required.
- Adhere to PSL's standards and procedures in support of Business Analysis activity.
- Coach and mentor team members as appropriate/required.
- Embrace all challenges and strive to improve in your area of expertise.
- Provide both verbal and written updates to management on the progress of work.
- Work through all aspects of the development cycle as well as contributing to best practice and high quality.
- Adhere to PSL's Software Development Process at all times.
- Embrace and drive ownership of personal objectives doing everything you can to achieve them.
- Promote effective and consistent communication at all times – both within your team and cross–departmental.
- Demonstrate high standards of personal performance.
- Prepare for and participate in formal appraisals which are delivered in line with current appraisal frameworks.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by your Line Manager.
Key Performance Indicators
- All business change is implemented in accordance with PSL's Software Development Process and managed as per Business Change processes.
- Business requirements are documented using PSL's document templates in accordance with PSL's Software Development process.
- Effective working relationships with business representatives, internal and external, on system and project issues.
- Effective working relationships with all IT Development teams and the Business Change team for project and small change delivery.
- All consultancy and advice is provided actually and in a timely fashion.
- All estimates provided are accurate at time of submission.
- Customer satisfaction achieved.
- Adherence to the company's Learning & Development and HR scheme
- Efficiency measures to be delivered as per targets agreed with Line Manager
- Maintain own personal development record and bring to each 6 monthly appraisal
Essential – must be demonstrated on CV
- In depth experience working as a Business Analysis in a professional working environment.
- Strong Change & Project Management skills.
- Experience of and involvement in the entire project lifecycle.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a diplomatic manner, including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Workshop facilitation skills for requirements gathering analysis .
- Business Process mapping, analysis, definition of workarounds etc.
- Experience in supporting system testing with entry and exist criteria.
- Experience and knowledge of working using waterfall and agile methodologies
- Commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- Proficient use of MS Office including MS Project & Visio.
- Strives to work with and contribute to existing Business Analysis processes.
- Excellent organisation, personal and project planning skills.
- Ability to build & maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to deliver.
- Ability to produce high quality documentation (reports, specifications, requirements, etc.)
- Good team player, also able to work independently.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of creating UML design documentation, more specifically use case scenarios and process modelling.
- Experience and knowledge of full software lifecycle.
- Insurance knowledge (preferably personal lines experience)
- Appreciation of Prince 2 methodology.
Please apply online