Month end accounts
Prepare general ledger journals, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset registers, and post monthly depreciation journals for Chinese offices;
Assist with the preparation of month end reports;
Assist in maintaining business reporting general ledger reports used by UK Business Services and International Offices to review their detailed transactions and manage their budgets;
Preparation of inter-company transfer pricing recharge invoices as required;
Posting cash receipts, debt write offs and disbursement write offs;
Ensure that the China office remains compliant from a business tax perspective (i.e EIT,
Withholding Tax, VAT) and maintain strong relationships with local Tax advisor(s) in order that monthly tax submissions are submitted on a timely basis.
Working with legal teams to ensure that client standing information including tax jurisdiction is correct for billing purposes
Work alongside, and advise where appropriate, other colleagues in Finance and CAPS in particular supporting the client & matter inception through to cash collection
Chasing outstanding debts - by telephone and email;
Recording chase history and agreed payment timescales on the system;
Proactively resolving and monitoring any queries raised;
Liaising with partners and associates on all debts, including conducting face-to-face meetings;
Analysing, monitoring and reducing debts over 90 days old;
Checking incoming funds on bank account(s);
Responding to, and maintaining a record of, debt correspondence from clients;
Adhering to and following guidelines set out in the Credit Control Procedures Manual.
Daily management of the purchase ledger;
Regular posting of supplier invoices; Completion of regular supplier payment runs in accordance with terms and conditions / funds received in respect of disbursements.
Banking/ Bank accounts
Validating and processing client money, disbursement and general ledger payment requests with the online banking and process international payments as requested;
Ensure the two bank accounts (main account and client account) are most updated and meet the bank's requirements;
Where presented with expense claims complete the checking process before payment;
Reconcile bank accounts to Expert daily - follow up reconciling transactions to ensure that receipts and payments are recorded on the practice management system promptly;
Office petty cash management.
Prepare China office audit working paper files and any supporting documentation as required for the consolidated group accounts;
Liaise with local tax providers and provide required information as requested.
Assist with preparing budgets and forecasts;
Assist in analysing consolidated budgets and forecasts, providing interpretation and guidance to support decision making in financial planning and analysis / investment activity;
Assist with any ad-hoc analysis.
• Internal: Group Accounting & Tax team, Finance, HR, BIS and central support teams
• External: Auditors, tax advisors, consultants/advisors
Role specific knowledge:
• Relevant accounting qualification;
• 3-5 years of experience in the MNC’s finance function (full function);
• High level excel user essential (Office 2010 desired but not essential);
• Practice management system – Aderant Expert (preferable but not essential);
• Budgeting and forecasting system – Cognos (preferable but not essential);
• Kingdee system - (preferable but not essential);
• PRC tax knowledge - Capable to handle all the statutory filing, with solid experience to deal with the local tax bureau as well as tax consultancy;
• PRC statutory knowledge - Capable of handling all the local statutory reporting requirements and enquiries;
• System control - Previous experience in system migration;
• High level of communication skills—good written and spoken English;
• Project management skills, commercial mind set, and strong customer servic