This role covers all aspects of running a complex finance function which looks after a number of different entities. It is a leadership role, working closely with the head of the division to develop a function that is more closely integrated with the wider business including the investment team. The appointee will oversee all the usual, more classic finance responsibilties - such as the financial reporting for the management company, fund finance, quarterly reporting and the annual audit process. The remit will therefore also have a particular focus on:
- Enhancing the interpretation and presentation of financial results;
- Enhancing the budget process and financial performance monitoring, including identification of efficiencies and cost savings;
- Enhancing the control and performance risk framework;
- Optimising corporate structures, including a tax optimisation of activities; driving improvements in the use of technology to improve automation and efficiency; and
- Providing high level review/challenge on complex transactions.
The appointee will be a fully qualfiied accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with signficant experience running a finance function in private equity or another fund environment. You should have a good grasp of either management company financial control, fund finance, or ideally both. Moreover the appointee should have team management experience, demonstrable leadership skills and a commercial mindset. You should be a good communicator, attentive to detail and possess the capacity do deal credibly with senior colleagues.