Accounts Manager - FRS 102 conversion
You would supervise a specialist team providing clients with technical advice on accounting issues covering group consolidations, conversions from UK GAAP to IFRS, and implementation of FRS 102. As an accomplished accountancy professional with strong managerial experience you would monitor the teams progress, review work, as well as play a significant role assisting with job appraisal interviews, student and experienced hire recruitment, plus training.
Our client is a well known and highly reputable chartered Accountancy practice based in Bromley. They are currently looking for an Accounts Manager to join their team in an exciting a progressive position.
Accounts Manager in Bromley:
* To plan, control and review all accounts preparation work which will include audit and non-audit clients.
* To act as day to day point of contact for the client and to practise the principals of excellent client service at all times.
* To communicate the progress on clients and problems arising to the partner immediately and be in a position to identify and comment upon possible solutions to issues as they arise.
* To maintain awareness of the further specialist services and publications and to be aware and make new business opportunities.
* To review work completed by junior and senior staff for adequacy and completeness and to undertake job appraisal reviews.
* To assist in student and staff recruitment training and interviewing.
* To develop and maintain advanced technical knowledge through the appropriate reading and courses and fulfil the Institutes CPE requirements.
* To attend department staff meetings and training as required.
* To maintain an awareness and observation of health and safety issues within the firm and report any concerns to the health and safety representative.
* To carry out any other duties which are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as Manager and as requested by the Group Manager.
* Billing and the management of WIP and debtors.
The role requires:
* Must be the equivalent of ACA or ACCA qualified.
* Previous experience of managing a portfolio of accounting clients.
* Strong communicator with a proven experience of building strong client relationships in a client-facing role.
* Strong accounts experience from a practice background including group consolidations and LLPs.
* Experience of SAGE accounting systems, CCH, Excel, Xero or other accounting software packages.
* Experience of analytical review approach.
* Supervisory experience.
* Ability to deliver results autonomously.
* A good understanding of tax including VAT and PAYE would be advantageous.
Excellent Salary, pension, holiday and benefits package.