Sodexo Finance Shared Services located in Cheektowaga, NY has an opening for a Staff Accountant in the Banking Reconciliation department.
- Perform timely reconciliation of non–standard unit depository activity using Frontier, SAP and third party vendor applications.
- Investigate and resolve depository and change order issues escalated by Banking reconcilers, working with field personnel, banks, cash vaults and armored car vendors.
- Facilitate, track and monitor depository bank conversions, working with Banking Administration, field personnel, banks and armored car vendors as needed.
- Prepare Deposit Schedules and Change Order Schedules as requested by Corporate Security, Internal Audit and Banking Management
- Perform Bank Service Charge expense allocation process each period for all depository bank accounts.
- Ensure compliance with control policies and procedures. Resolve non–compliance issues with field staff.
- Provide recommendations to Banking Management of end–to–end process improvements for Banking processes
- Support and assist the Banking reconciliation team as needed
- Special projects as needed
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is preferred
- 0–2 years accounting experience
- Experience with reconciliation of bank accounts preferred
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Team building, interpersonal relations and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a fast–paced team environment
- Managing multiple priorities and time management skills
- Strong technical, accounting skills and detail orientation
- Stress tolerance and flexibility skills
- Proven research, problem resolution, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated organization and comprehension skills
- Strong PC & related software knowledge
- Willing to put in necessary time to complete tasks
Performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data. May include any or all of the following: ledgers and preparation of journal entries; fixed asset or inventory accounting; preparation of trial balance or financial statements; cost accounting; bank account reconciliation.
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.