Senior Accountant-Office Manager
This position will be involved in several areas including Accounting, Office Management, and ( minimal) Human Resources activities. Our client operates a busy, multi–commodity facility.
As Senior Accountant, you would be responsible for day to day functions to ensure the proper/efficient application of contracts, freight payables, accounts payable and receivables and accounting trouble shooting for various commodity transactions. Key requirement is GAAP knowledge and the ability to set up policies and procedures/processes – training will be provided to those showing the competencies and characteristics required for success!
Accounting ( 75%) and Office Management ( 20%) Duties:
- Manage the team responsible for the daily invoicing of purchase settlements including mailing, filing, verifying to ensure proper documentation has been received and problem resolution.
- Oversee/assist with all accounting functions relating to payables and receivables, freight, facility, payroll, commodity and brokerage invoices, paying invoices, filing, updating contract confirmations and problem resolution – ability to assist in the set–up of policies and procedures/processes
- Manage all Canadian Grain Commission and grain check–off reporting and compliance
- Maintain an open line of communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain clean and accurate GrainSmart/Agris reports.
- Assist Commodity Accountant and Controller in problem–solving and resolutions as it pertains to grain settlements, freight, and inventory adjustments
- Design, set–up, and implement office policies; establishing standards and procedures
- Manage third party activity and reporting; submit for invoicing
- Bring individual creativity and initiative to the execution of this position, sharing ideas and suggestions.
Human Resource Duties ( 5%):
- Onboarding new hires ( paperwork, payroll set–up, pre–employment testing)
To be considered, you have:
- 5–7 years of directly related accounting experience will be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- A high level of multi–tasking ability,
- Supervisory/leadership skills with management experience,
- Strong time–management skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with both an onsite team while reporting to head–office
- Knowledge of basic general ledger accounting,
- Strong customer service skills,
- Excellent problem–solving & analytical skills,
- Detail oriented and motivated to work in a growing environment
- Working knowledge of computer systems including Grain Smart/Agris would be an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office ( Word & Excel)
- The ability to maintain confidential information and follow Company policies are key.
It would be ideal if you possessed:
- Grain Accounting experience and knowledge of the settlement transactions involved is preferred
- Agribusiness work experience
Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday; 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demands.
As this is a growing location with ongoing changes, your ability to be flexible and adaptable is crucial to your success. As the company continues to expand, this potentially will open up huge opportunities in the future!