El Segundo, California
Responsible for the preparation of assigned journal entries for the monthly close with supporting documentation and analysis schedules to support the general ledger balances.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners' (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Prepares stand–alone financial statements for small to medium–sized entities other than HCP, Ltd.
- Updates the chart of accounts including obtaining the appropriate approval for new natural accounts.
- Prepares all recurring, non–recurring and adjusting journal entries.
- Analyzes monthly and year–end close to formulate accruals and makes corrections to entries by maintaining effective spreadsheet schedules to support such accruals.
- Creates and reconciles schedules to the general ledger balances. Analyzes the account to determine the appropriateness of the balance. Maintains supporting documentation. Develops or recommends adjustments to journal entries when necessary.
- Assists in the maintenance of general ledgers for all entities.
- Assists in the maintenance of all journal entries, supporting documentation, journal entry checklist and other routine procedures. Files documentation to provide an efficient audit trail.
- Assist the Manager, Accounting in developing more efficient methods to improve the accounting process.
- Performs special projects and analysis and acts as a primary source of information to Accounting staff.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four–year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two–year college.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Intermediate Microsoft applications skills (Excel, Access).
- Basic Microsoft Word skills.
- 10–key skills.
More information about the job
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
What are the 3–4 non–negotiable requirements on this position?
• Bachelors degree in Accounting required. Strong communication skills • Energetic • Vested in career advancement • Positive personality • Ability to thrive in an environment of continuous improvement High volume GL entries (70 entries a month) High risk reconciliations (14 a month) MS Excel and Access
What are the nice–to–have skills?
revenue cycle experience SQL Oracle MS Dynamics