El Segundo, California
Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of assigned journal entries, account analysis and bank reconciliations. Maintains assigned subsidiary ledgers and provides accounting support to the Accounting department.
- Consistently exhibits behaviour and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners' (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Prepares recurring, non–recurring and adjusting journal entries as assigned.
- Maintains spreadsheets for account analysis, reports and other schedules of general ledger accounts.
- Performs monthly and year–end general ledger account analysis.
- Informs Manager of invoices, deposits and other transactions of an unusual nature requiring special or immediate action.
- Prepares bank reconciliations as assigned.
- Manages monthly bank information and activity from bank on–line system.
- Maintains department cancelled check files and petty cash records.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 1 or 2 years of post–high school education or a degree from a two–year college.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Previous experience with general ledger accounting.
- Microsoft Excel .
- Previous healthcare industry experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- 10–key skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft applications skills (Excel, Access).
- Basic Microsoft Word skills.
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
What are the 3–4 non–negotiable requirements on this position?
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is an absolute MUST (not finance or management...etc) 1–2 years of work experience Go getter personality, high energy, someone willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
What are the nice–to–have skills?
SQL High volume experience with entering journal entries