The International Monetary Fund's Finance Department (FIN) is seeking an experienced and qualified candidate for an Accountant position in its Financial Operations and Reporting (FR) Division. FIN's FR division is responsible for all financial operations and transactions with member countries and for the financial statements of the Fund and the accounts it administers as trustee. Specific responsibilities may typically include the following with the role and extent of leadership responsibility in areas commensurate with experience:
- Participate in the analysis and interpretation of new and existing accounting standards and policies for application in the Fund; prepare accounting policy, position and issues memos and financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). At higher grades, the role could be a Lead Financial Entity Accountant;
- Assist and, at higher grades, lead the formulation and implementation of operations and financial reporting policies. Contribute to and/or lead work on Board papers and policy notes on financial issues potentially including: Fund finances, financial transactions and transactions plan, liquidity, SDRs, income, audit, arrears, risk management and internal controls; participate in financial analyses of the Fund's financial policies and prepare or collaborate with other departments and divisions in the preparation of policy papers;
- Maintain strong relationships with senior officials of member countries and financial institution counterparts; respond to more complex queries from Executive Directors, members or other departments and review responses of other team members; provide advice related to members' financial positions in the Fund or financial transactions and policies;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on their audits of the financial statements, financial transactions and implementation of financial policies, internal controls and financial reporting practices. Provide input to and liaise with the External Audit Committee;
- Prepare and/or lead complex analyses and forecasts; design and review operational, accounting and management reports; propose new approaches and analyses to meet evolving financial issues;
- Ensure financial transactions are executed in compliance with the Fund's decisions, rules, regulations and internal control requirements. Propose new controls or procedures and assess and document controls over financial transactions;
- Apply knowledge of technology and financial databases to ensure policies are accurately translated to financial IT systems. Contribute to the adoption of new systems and best business practices and of corporate governance and systems of internal controls.
Candidates must have a professional accounting certification such as CPA or CA, supplemented by a minimum of four years of professional experience in international financial reporting or auditing typically acquired in a public accounting firm or a financial institution. Other essential skills include: knowledge of IFRS, excellent analytical abilities, and strong IT skills or proficiency in systems and software applications. The position also requires strong analytical skills, written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, deal effectively and diplomatically with internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to work independently and in teams.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture and educational background.
Please submit your application through www.imf.org/jobs (Requisition ID 1701009).