Graduate Programme, Tax - Dublin (Sept 2024)
Evelyn Partners in Ireland offers a comprehensive range of business advisory, accounting, tax and personal financial services. We can support you whether you’re a private client, entrepreneur, corporate or privately-owned business operating in Ireland or internationally.
We have a unique integrated accounting, tax and investment management offering that combines scale and expertise, through our UK and international partners, with local knowledge, industry expertise and reputation. This enables us to deliver an unrivalled range of financial and professional services solutions in Ireland.
With an Irish heritage dating back to 1958, our Dublin-based team offer innovative financial and professional services to Irish and international clients.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they’re at in their financial journey.
Read more about us, our values and available career opportunities here:
Our tax team provides tax and consulting services to a wide range of companies, from large multinational groups to owner-managed businesses as well as high net worth individuals. Our tax advice is designed to meet our client’s agreed commercial objectives considering all relevant taxes including Corporation Tax, Income Tax, PRSI, Capital Gains Tax, Capital Acquisitions Tax and VAT. We provide practical advice and regularly liaise and negotiate with the Revenue Commissioners.
What will you be doing?
Working closely with our senior tax professionals, you’ll feel yourself improving day by day. One moment you could be helping a small business ensure they are tax compliant; the next, you could be learning the complex, but fascinating cross-border considerations of international tax.
We believe that hands-on experience is key to creating well-rounded trusted business advisers which means you'll be doing real work from day one.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of tax computations and returns including drafting client communication
- Assisting with research assignments and drafting technical documentation
- Acquiring and building relationship with clients
- Supporting more qualified staff on more complex client situations
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Be committed to completing the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) qualification
- Accountancy experience, as part of education or work experience
- Have obtained or be predicted a minimum 2:2 degree, in any discipline
- Minimum 400 Leaving Certificate points (or equivalent) Leaving Certificate O2 or H5 in Maths and English (or equivalent)
Learning & Development
You’ll be supported in completing your qualification; gaining the finance knowledge, accountancy skills and real-world business experience to jumpstart your career in accountancy, tax and business advisory. And you won’t do it alone - you’ll be joining as part of a cohort with your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience. You’ll receive guidance and support each step of the way by our dedicated Learning & Development team and training contact for your department to make sure you have everything you need to realise your potential from day one.
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Online GP service
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Holiday package
We value all the benefits that a diverse team brings. When you join Evelyn Partners, you’ll have access to a wide range of active employee resource groups and multiple diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. As a colleague, we want to work with you, regardless of your identity, background, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment.
For us to make the process as easy as possible for you, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need on your application form.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
When you click on the ‘I’m interested’ button you’ll be taken to your profile page. We’re in the process of updating it but in the meantime:
- Under the ‘Experience’ section, if you do not have any experience please enter ‘N/A’ into the ‘Title’ text box and choose a random end and start date
- Under the ‘Education’ section you do NOT need to include all your education details as we’ll ask for this separately once you’ve completed your profile.
- All you need to do is fill in the ‘Institution’ (aka University) question which is mandatory. If you have more than one degree please include your latest one.
- Under the ‘Resume’ (aka CV) section, it is mandatory for you to upload a document as this will be reviewed by the hiring manager.
- The ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ text box is NOT mandatory and will not be formally reviewed.