Credit Portfolio Group – Product Controller - Associate
The Global Collateral Trading desk is one of 3 teams in Collateral Management & Optimization (“CM&O”) along with DD Trading and Margin Strategy. CM&O has a reporting line into Rates but sits within the wider Credit Portfolio Group (“CPG”) which also performs XVA risk management and pricing functions for the firm.
The desk is responsible for bearing and optimizing the funding costs arising from JPM’s derivative collateral exposures, bearing ultimate responsibility for sourcing cash/non-cash collateral to meet Initial Margin (“IM”) and Variation Margin (“VM”) requirements. The desk works closely with the rest of Rates and Fixed Income Financing (“FIF”), among other front office teams, as well as numerous support teams which are key in solving for the management of physical collateral
As a Credit Portfolio Group – Product Controller - Associate you will sit within the product control function and provide support to the financial controllers and Global Collateral Trading desk to ensure that the P&L, balance sheet, and month end close procedures are done correctly and accurately. As a successful candidate you will be responsible for leading the GCT product control deliverables, and can expect to have regular interaction with senior management on balance sheet queries and P&L drivers.
- Assist with daily P&L reporting and month-end close processes
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on the financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control
- Handle various ad-hoc requests on a daily basis
Required Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities
- Work experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Experience doing P&L and month end close process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Solid understanding of financial products would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Balance sheet or Regulatory reporting experience is highly desired
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs. Visit our FAQs for more information about requesting an accommodation.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.