Manager External Audit
KPMG in Caricom is a member firm of KPMG International, and is comprised of offices in Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean operating as one integrated business. KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG firms operate in 143 countries and territories with more than 273,000 partners and employees working in member firms around the world.
Working in our Audit team within KPMG Caricom means being a part of a team of supportive and highly talented individuals who genuinely enjoy working together to deliver high-quality financial statement audits to entities within their respective sectors as well as providing valuable industry specific insights and perspectives on salient issues to our clients.
Come as you are and thrive with us in our expanding Audit practice as a Manager - External Audit.
- Responsible for agreeing to audit timetables, briefing the audit team, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of audit services.
- Responsible for billings, write-offs and other administrative tasks.
- Reviewing detailed audit work of various insurance and investment structures and related vehicles.
- Reviewing financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, UK GAAP and International Accounting Standards.
- Keeping engagement leaders up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignments.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior-level staff throughout the year.
- Manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements.
- Direct, coach and mentor assigned audit staff in a performance manager role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Fully Qualified Chartered Accountants (e.g. ACCA, CPA)
- At least five (5) years of post-qualification external audit experience in a professional accounting firm conducting medium-sized audits.
- Audit experience in the financial services fields in addition to knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience working with electronic audit tools and methodologies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with PowerPoint and Access would be an advantage.
- Significant practical experience as an Audit Manager in an external audit capacity.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to adapt to a multi-cultural experience.
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.