3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
KPMG in Caricom is a member firm of KPMG International, and is comprised of offices in Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean operating as one integrated business.
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG firms operate in 143 countries and territories with more than 273,000 partners and employees working in member firms around the world.
Our External Audit opportunities may just be right for you. KPMG in Trinidad and Tobago is seeking to hire talented, highly motivated Accountant who can work with high profile clients within a structured client service process and a proven risk-management methodology.
The successful candidates will be part of a collaborative team in a fast paced and challenging environment. This opportunity offers significant growth potential and career development.
If you are ...
- looking for an innovative opportunity to grow professionally, and to hone your audit and assurance skills,
- seeking exposure to a large and complex international financial services client portfolio
- passionate about delivering quality service to international clients.
- keen on collaborating with multiple executive level international clients
This opportunity is for you!
- Help develop the overall audit plan
- Prepare budgets and, with the manager, control audit costs.
- Allocate tasks to assigned assistant audit staff and direct the day-to-day performance of the plan.
- Supervise the work of assigned assistant audit staff, ensuring that they understand the objectives and implications of the work they are doing and that they adequately document their work.
- Review the work papers prepared by the assigned assistant audit staff and follow up unresolved questions raised or pending matters, or determine that appropriate review has been carried out by another suitable individual.
- Ensure that the work papers prepared by the assigned assistant audit staff properly support the audit objectives.
- Identify accounting and auditing problems and discuss these with the engagement manager.
- Indicate overall satisfaction with the adequacy of the work papers to support the report to be issued.
- Review the financial statements and draft the auditor’s report.
- Draft the management letter.
- First Degree from recognized University in Accounting, Finance or relevant area
- Minimum 3 years relevant Auditing or Accounting experience
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent knowledge of International Standards
- Flexible and willing to travel.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to adapt to a multi-cultural experience.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with PowerPoint and Access would be an advantage.
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.