We are seeking to recruit a Tax Senior to join our client's team. The successful candidate will form part of the Firm’s Tax team and will report to the department manager/partner. You can expect to learn, get involved, be empowered, innovate and feel first-hand the valid contribution you are making to their clients’ operations.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is one of the leading multi-disciplinary audit, accounting, tax, and advisory firms and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing and reviewing client tax computations and completing tax returns.
- Tax advisory.
- Registering clients for tax purposes.
- Applying for stamp duty exemptions.
- Preparation of tax refund claims, shareholder registration forms and other related documents.
- Preparation of tax and stamp duty forms in connection with alterations in share capital of companies.
- Attending client meetings.
- Involved in training of new members of staff.
- Liaising regularly with Tax officials from the offices of the Commissioner for Tax and Customs on behalf of clients.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Experience in a tax environment.
- Be familiar with the Tax regime in Malta.
- Be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Be a team player and self motivated.
- Have an analytic mind as well as an eye for detail.
- Be meticulous and organised.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- A fully qualified accountant (holder of Masters in Accountancy from the University of Malta or equivalent, or ACCA qualified).
- Holding an Advanced Diploma in International Taxation/ Diploma in TAX will be considered an asset.
Monday to Friday, flexibility in starting time, from 07:00 till 09:30, 40 hours per week with 60 minutes break.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent personal development opportunity as well as career prospects for the job holder.
- Health insurance.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).