We are looking for a VAT Senior to join our client's team. The successful candidate will form part of the firm’s Tax team and will report to the department manager/partner. You can expect to learn, get involved, be empowered, innovate and feel first-hand the valid contribution you are making to their clients’ operations.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is one of the leading multi-disciplinary audit, accounting, tax, and advisory firms and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and reviewing of VAT Returns.
- VAT advisory.
- Completing VAT recap statements.
- Attending client meetings.
- Registering clients for VAT purposes.
- Involved in training of new members of staff.
- Liaising regularly with VAT officials from the offices of the Commissioner for Tax and Customs on behalf of clients.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience will be considered an asset.
- You possess excellent English spoken and report writing skills, and are computer literate.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- You are a team player and self-motivated.
- You have an analytical mind as well as an eye for detail.
- You are meticulous, organised, possess excellent communication skills and able to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- You are a fully qualified accountant (holder of Masters in Accountancy from the University of Malta or equivalent, or ACCA qualified) and have work experience in a VAT environment.
- Holding an Advanced Diploma in VAT will be considered an asset.
Monday to Friday, flexibility in starting time, from 07:00 till 09:30, 40 hours per week with 60 minutes break.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent personal development opportunity as well as career prospects for the job holder.
- Health insurance.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).