Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Candidate is expected to:
- Perform audits in accordance with COA (Corporate Audit) rules and guidelines.
- Diligently assess the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls in daily processes as well as compliance with national laws and corporate guidelines during audits.
- Actively communicate / collaborate with both regional and global layer audits.
- Be regional subject matter expert for specific audit topic / risk aspect, subject to area of interest / expertise.
1. Audit Preparation:
- Develop the audit plan and define its scope, objective and duration.
- Inform relevant persons and then secure appropriate authorization if necessary.
- To undertake pre-field work with required background research and analysis including download & analysis of the correct data (where applicable requesting support with SDA, Structured Data Analysis), scheduling interviews with the relevant persons and seeking the relevant guidelines, policies / procedures required for the audit scope / objectives.
2. Fieldwork Review:
- Assess if internal controls in daily processes and systems are effective and efficient so that they achieve their goals
- Assess that daily processes comply with relevant BASF group guidelines and national regulations
- Provide constructive and innovative recommendation
- Conduct ad hoc projects and reviews
- Properly document audit findings and maintain quality work papers for reference
- Keep relevant persons informed of the audit status
- Prepare a report of audit findings and review all audit points with relevant persons prior to final wrap-up
- Share and advise Lead auditor and/or Head of Corporate Audit Asia Pacific hub on issues observed during fieldwork for discussion and on-the-job training
- Conduct wrap up meetings and inform management of audit findings
- Express clear opinions on the state of internal controls to relevant levels of management
- Prepare reports for review and coordinate report distribution with Head of Corporate Audit (Asia) and submit to COA for finalization.
- Ensure follow-up and concluding the audit program: To ensure proactive follow-up on recommendations before the due date and closing out the audit in Auto-audit.
- Mandatory criteria: Professional certification – CIA (at least part 2) and Chartered Accountant (MIA, ACCA, CPA, CA, CICPA)
- Preferable criteria: Professional Certifications like CRMA (Certification in Risk Management), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) etc
- 5-7 years Internal Audit experience
- Experience in working on international assignment and working in diverse culture of team members.
- Exposure to industries that are manufacturing based is preferred
- ERP experience (SAP preferred)
- Knowledge of audit tools and systems. Ideally, capable of using data analytics to gain insight into transactions
- Audit fieldwork requires travel up to 3 – 4 weeks at sites / locations.
- Travel requirement would be ~60%, approx. 6 to 7 audits per annum with fieldwork for each audit ~3 to 4 weeks
- Fluent in spoken and written English is a must. Mandarin spoken and written is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills possess the right confidence and competence to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Abreast of leading practices in internal audit.
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to learn new concepts and methods.
- Reliable when working independently with sound judgement for when to escalate issues.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.