Manager, Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) - Life Science
Manager, Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) - Life Science (Contract, Part-time, Casual)
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll ensure clients capitalize on opportunities to receive government support for innovation by identifying eligible projects and navigating the multitude of government incentive programs and funding opportunities available.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead the delivery of SR&ED tax engagements involving a variety of engineering and technological analysis of manufacturing systems; supporting clients in claiming SR&ED tax credits
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to SR&ED through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables
- Evaluate business processes and help clients identify and track eligible projects and costs under the SR&ED investment tax credit program
- Gather supporting documentation and evidence of experimentation sufficient to satisfy CRA requirements
- Advocate for industry and business rights that protect the taxpayer in claiming SR&ED benefits
- Present arguments for eligibility in a clear and concise written format compliant with CRA criteria
- Prepare and review SR&ED technical documentation as specified by Government guidelines
- Prepare detailed accounting summaries for the SR&ED tax credits
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks and ways to deliver added value; ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e. budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Maintain high quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Accounting certification or designation is preferred
- 4 to 5 years of public accounting experience in manufacturing or oil and gas services
- Experience working as a project manager with engineers, IT developers or scientists
- Extensive knowledge of Canada’s SR&ED program and other funding or investment outlets is preferred
- Experience writing and supporting IT based SR&ED claims is preferred
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, exclusive access to perks and discounts, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.