Transaction Financial Engineering Senior
We’re looking for our new colleague who will be part of our Transaction Financial Engineering team
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- In line with our corporate culture, we support you in developing your potential by focusing on topics of diversity, opportunity equality, life balance, further training and internationality
- Gain experience - we want you to experience more at EY and for you to gain new insights within one of the leading audit and consulting companies.
- Foster your development - You will explore our exciting working environment, receive individual mentoring and benefit from getting to know the broad spectrum of our clients
- Building a Network - make valuable contacts for your further career and get to know colleagues with different skills, educational and geographical backgrounds. You will discover: The ways of working and thinking in a global company are diverse!
About the team & the job
Our Luxembourg Transaction Financial Engineering team (“TFE”) is involved in the financial & accounting analysis, modeling & valuation assignments and in the pricing of financial instruments. TFE team forms part of our Transfer Pricing department, which is the most dynamic in Luxembourg. We are dedicated to on-time delivery, Excellent Client Services and knowledge.
In a fast-changing environment, your role will be to assist our clients by advising on the financial and accounting implications of proposed transactions (i.e., analyze and propose alternatives on the Lux GAAP accounting treatment of a transaction to help our clients anticipate the tax implications) and/or by modelling the financial impacts of restructuring plans.
You are confident about your Lux GAAP knowledge and financial modeling skills. You are reliable and take ownership of your assignments. You show strong proficiency to understand, challenge, bring solutions and defend Lux GAAP positions, both in front of technical committees and in writing. You show well established organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
We will integrate you in a multi-disciplinary team advising our clientele of Private Equity and other Alternative clients. Every day, you will gain valuable insight into complex accounting, structuring, and modelling, opening doors to a great career opportunity.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Master or equivalent certification in Economics, Finance, Audit, Accounting, Business Engineering, Business Administration or similar
- At least 3 years of working experience in financial accounting advisory or accounting/audit services
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Financial modelling experience or exposure
- Fluent in English and in French
- Thorough respect and willingness to apply QRM and independence rules and procedures of our company
Any of the following would also be considered an asset
- Qualified accountant in Luxembourg (Expert-Comptable, Ordre des Experts Comptables) or other country
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) certification
- Knowledge of VBA
- Knowledge/ interest in digitalization and automation process implementation
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
In our recruitment process, you will be contacted first for an initial phone call to get to you know a bit more and discuss salary and packages. Then you will be invited for some interviews either in our office or via Skype. Eventually you will be informed of our decision.
If what you read inspires you, then do not hesitate to click on the apply button or contact us, we’d love to hear more from you because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.