Senior Manager, Transfer Pricing
Inspirational, innovative, and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Transfer Pricing team as a Senior Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll deliver innovative tax solutions that mitigate clients’ risk of transfer pricing adjustments and penalties.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax, and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client-facing engagement teams and liaise with other functional areas
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex transfer pricing concepts and issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations, and high-quality deliverables
- Develop transfer pricing and economic strategies that are practical, defensible, and consistent with clients’ overall corporate strategy
- Perform transfer pricing documentation, defend transfer pricing in audits, develop tax planning approaches, and assist clients in audit defence and competent authority matters.
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks, and ways to deliver added value; ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e. budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection, and variance recognition)
- Maintain high-quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify, and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries, and reports
- Network in the local business community and internally, consider business development opportunities, and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management, as well as the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in business, economics, statistics, finance, or tax is considered an asset
- 7 to 8 years + of relevant transfer pricing experience, with at least 3 years of transfer pricing advisory experience
- Extensive working knowledge of financial analysis, modeling, writing client reports, and performing analytical research
- Strong oral and written English skills. Foreign language expertise, especially French, is considered an asset.
- Proven people management, relationship building, and leadership skills
- Strong strategic planning and conceptual thinking skills
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.