Corporate Audit, Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management – Hybrid
Corporate Audit, Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management – Hybrid
Make Your Mark. Advance your career at State Street.
We are excited to see that you are reviewing career opportunities available at State Street. Follow the tips below when applying. If this opportunity is not right for you – you may want to refer a friend?
Are you advancing your own career?
After clicking “Apply”you will be able to update your Education and Job History.Use it to highlight courses, certifications,achievements, or projects you have participated in at State Street. To make updates, go to the Career section of your Profile and edit it manually or by using the“Upload My Experience” option.Remember to review all new entries in your profile and make sure resume information was parsed correctly.
Before applying, please click here to read State Street’s Internal Mobility Policy. (For China,click here )
Are you referring a friend?
Please use the “Refer” button on the right. If you have any questions about the process, please visit the corporate intranet and type in Refer a Friend into the search bar.
State Street Corporate Audit is looking for a versatile and talented business professional interested in progressing their knowledge, skillset, and career through challenging stretch assignments. The successful candidate will be responsible for audit coverage of the broader enterprise risk elements within State Street’s UK, Ireland and International business. Reporting to the Corporate Audit Head of International, the successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with relevant key internal stakeholders. You will also provide expertise and leadership in this area and be responsible for corporate audit engagements that focus across these areas within the International remit.
In this role you will be based out of London and will be able to work within a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
At State Street, our people are our most valuable — and valued — resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in twenty-nine countries and more than 30,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology and/ or specialized areas such as capital, regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We are responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. Our team acts as:
- Independent advisors — advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes.
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts — sharing knowledge and experience in key risk areas.
- Efficiency specialists — identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design.
- Problem-solving partners — looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities.
The successful candidate will manage internal audit engagements and assist senior management in completing risk assessment, continuous monitoring, audit universe maintenance and audit plan development for audits that belong to the UK, Ireland and International business. Among other tasks, the candidate will also:
- develop strong operational and regulatory subject matter expertise relevant to their areas of accountability (e.g., Risk disciplines including operational risk, liquidity risk, third party risk etc)
- schedule, oversee and deliver audit engagements, including audit report and issue matrix deliverables, providing the necessary support to audit staff as required.
- develop and maintain influential relationships with senior management through continuous monitoring and governance forum attendance and management reporting as required.
- demonstrate leadership through supervision, coaching and development of staff.
- participate in department wide initiatives, challenging the department's organization, processes, and services to ensure that they remain at or above peer/ industry standards.
- Maintain a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
- Strengthen internal control disciplines within the corporation by influencing relevant policies, promoting education/ understanding of control concepts.
Education, Skills & Preferred Qualifications
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Team skills – demonstrated ability to work with people at different levels.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills as well as interest in developing as a leader within Corporate Audit
- Ability to meet key deliverables within stated timeframes.
- Strong relationship management and stakeholder facing skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry with knowledge of risk elements including operational, liquidity, model, credit, market etc
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements covering the UK, Ireland, and International locations.
- Demonstrable experience of leading audits
- Experience of Operational Resilience and Business Continuity practices is an advantage.
- CISA, ACA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance, Alternative Risk functions and/or Business Administration is preferred but not essential.
- 10+ years of experience in financial services or public accounting firms having work in financial services firms preferred.
Some travel to other State Street locations may be required.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we do not necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other rewards. You will have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth development programs, and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.