Finance Project and Data Management Associate
Use your power of analytical and problem-solving skills to support PMO and data strategy for the Income Attribution Tax (E-invoicing) project, whilst interacting with a diverse set of stakeholders across different geographies.
As a Tax Project and Data Management Associate in the Firmwide Finance Business Architecture (FFBA) team, you will work closely with Project Management, Corporate Tax, Financial Control, Lines of Business, Operational teams, and Technology to collectively deliver Tax Data and Technology automation for VAT processes.
You will be part of a high-performing team of project and data management professionals focused on delivering the strategic Tax Data & Technology Transformation Programme.
- Supports the E-invoicing Project Manager through ownership of all project artifacts such as the project plan, implementation plan, timelines, risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies
- Supports the Project Manager on the weekly preparation of project working group meetings, encompassing preparation of high-quality materials, and diligent recording of minutes and actions.
- Maintains a robust communication plan, including status reporting of project and UAT milestones or risks to various project stakeholders
- Owns the creation and ongoing maintenance of the Data Requirements Documents (source field mapping, data model management, field definition), which will contribute towards the goal of ensuring data is fit for Tax consumption.
- Executions of data quality testing to validate data requirements from upstream sources have been met, in addition to providing data quality support through monitoring of data quality issues and performing root-cause analysis to aid resolution efforts.
- Supports junior team members through coordination of daily testing efforts, such as coordination of UAT data loads, the collation of testing scenarios from testers, tracking of test progress/completion, defect triage, and coordination of testing signoffs
- Supports junior team members through management of release management function, alongside the preparation and coordination of Production implementation plans, and maintenance of the Confluence page.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- 3-5+ years of program and/or project management experience required, with particular focus in Finance and/or Data space is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with desire to submerge into the detail of a topic, issue or deliverable to understand the underlying concept
- Self-starter; proven ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in project management tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, and SharePoint
- Keen attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- High proficiency in key MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio), JIRA, and Confluence
- Strong communication skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Understanding of Finance / Accounting processes within Banking, with some awareness of the month-end close process
- Experience with Agile project methodology and work environments
- Ability to lead across department and geographies and with implementing organizational change; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in preparing high-quality presentational materials and documentation
- Good understanding of SQL
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy inpiduals, and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the perse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on persity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a perse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.