Regulatory Reporting, Basel Framework - Assistant Manager
Who we are looking for
The Candidate will be responsible for managing the work of the analytics function. This individual will provide high level subject matter expertise in Basel Capital rule related areas, including understanding of Basel regulations, State Street’s business practices, and various areas of capital management processes including Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Accounting, and Capital. This individual will collaborate closely with the key stakeholders of the team to present analytical results.
Why this role is important to us
Under the Basel framework, State Street must closely review its financial products and business units to enable the quantification of risk-weighted assets in a manner that will facilitate compliance with the regulations. The Regulatory Capital & Basel Reporting team you will be joining plays an important role in gathering and analyzing data under a well-controlled environment to ensure compliance with the Basel regulations, accurate reporting, and overall success of the organization.
What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Manager, you will
- Manage the day to day activities of analytics team to ensure deliverables are performed timely
- Verify reports and data for accuracy, completeness, and consistency
- Ensure completion of deliverables within the committed timeframe including assistance with development of project plans, attending project specific meetings, reviewing project dashboard, soliciting status updates, and escalating issues, as warranted
- Support to key stakeholders of the team to present analytical findings and assessment of impact from regulatory changes
- Engage in strategic Basel related projects including RWA analysis
- Manage QIS requests and EAD/RWA variance analysis exercises to ensure complete and accurate reporting to the bank’s regulators
- Develop peer analytical function to evaluate State Street’s current regulatory capital position with its local and international peers, including reviewing industry best practices, analyzing peers Pillar 3 disclosures, etc.
- Stay abreast on current and upcoming industry regulations and provide prompt impact assessment
- Support capital optimization efforts through review and analysis of existing methodologies, complete monthly processes from legacy optimization efforts, and identify potential new optimization opportunities
- Support business units with capital impact of new or restructured products/transactions to better align capital to their business decision making process
- Provide analytical support on a variety of capital/Basel related ad hoc special projects
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Knowledge in GAAP, US Capital Rules (Basel III & Basel IV), and bank financial products, or the ability to proactively acquire such knowledge independently or with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Strong analysis and quantitative skills.
- Ability to interpret client needs, identify and communicate issues, execute both BAU and non-BAU tasks.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Project management skills, particularly with respect to system maintenance and enhancement.
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, with an advanced degree in Business, Finance, Management, or related field desired
- 2-8 years of relevant Basel regulations experience in Credit risk, Operational risk and QIS exercise is required
- Regulatory knowledge and understanding of EAD, RWA, PD, LGD and regulatory Capital is required
- Effectively and efficiently lead day to day operations of analytics team and ensure accurate, complete, and timely deliverables
- Understanding of the custody banking business
- Proven track record of leading successful project execution
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.