Valuation Control Lead Analyst – Commodities (Hybrid)
Join our expanding Citi Finance Team in Budapest and make your own progress in a supportive and friendly environment!
We are a people-oriented organization that appreciates and promotes personal and professional aspirations. Our corporate culture is empathic: we acknowledge life-work balance throughout your career path.
Valuation Control Lead Analyst – Commodities
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent team of subject matter experts within the Finance Division. VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. In doing so, the team works closely with its stakeholders, including senior management, business heads, product control, market risk, regulators, and both internal and external audit.
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with performing valuation control processes for various Commodities businesses within Citi’s Institutional Clients Group.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Be one of the lead figures of the Commodities Valuation Control Team in Budapest with responsibility for Independent Price Verification, Valuation Adjustments, Fair Value Levelling, as well as pertaining analytical and project work.
- Responsible for all aspects of valuation control of the business, including validation of market data inputs, reporting and analysis.
- Produce and implement methodologies / procedures for valuation adjustments, price testing and fair value levelling across the business, with particular attention to the design of controls.
- Ensure timely remediation of regulatory matters requiring attention, audit findings and reporting demands associated with the area of responsibility.
- Identify pricing issues, valuation parameters or instrument types that may require particular attention with critical analysis of the valuation issues involved.
- Take a leading role in global, cross-functional projects.
- Act as a business partner to the Business, Risk, Compliance and Finance.
- Enhancement and effective management of the VCG control and governance framework associated with the Commodities Business.
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- At least 8-10 years’ professional experience in Finance (preferably in Valuations, Product Control, Risk, Financial Control, or similar functions)
- Strong understanding of current global accounting and regulatory developments pertaining to valuation of financial instruments
- University or College degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or a similar relevant discipline
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across functions and departments (in English)
- Solid capital markets product knowledge, with special regards to commodity derivatives
- Strong computer literacy with special regards to Microsoft Excel (VBA and Python being a plus)
We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- An incredible platform to learn Commodities markets and to work on range of projects leveraging product & valuation knowledge along with data tools including KNIME, Power BI, Tableau and Python.
- Exposure to a wide range of different capital market products
- In-depth understanding of pricing and price verification approaches
- Flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life-work balance
- Career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- Opportunity for participation in managerial development initiatives
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- A socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- A supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity for participation in wide range of professional trainings (ACCA, CFA, FRM)
Your journey and flexible career at Citi begins here – apply now!Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.