Horizontal IT Audit, Officer, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Horizontal IT Audit, Officer, that will perform the planning, assessment, testing and issue validation phases of audits projects focused primarily on Resiliency, with additional focus on centrally managed IT control areas (Identity and Access Management, Change Management, and Robotics Process Automation / Artificial Intelligence). In this role you will be based in Krakow, Poland.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Horizontal IT Audit, Officer you will:
- Evaluate and test internal controls and apply information technology audit skills.
- Work as part of an international team with global stakeholders in new and changing situations where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- Perform the planning, assessment, testing and issue validation phases of audits covering Identity Access Management, Change Management, and Resiliency, as well as selected attestations globally.
- Perform independent and objective assessments of risks and controls to improve risk management practices.
- Assess systems and supporting controls for compliance with laws, regulations, company policies and meet business needs.
- Prepare audit work papers to ensure compliance with the division’s risk-based audit methodology.
- Use excellent writing skills to succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms
- Influence change and provide insights on business initiatives, including pre / post system implementations.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to manage complexity, to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in non-routine situations.
- Professional curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, research, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Good understanding of the role of first, second and third line of defense.
- Fluency in English - written and spoken.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 2 - 5 years of experience in IT Audit, Consulting, or Business Process Engineering preferred, ideally in the Financial Services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in information systems, computer science, accounting or related field; Advanced degree in information technology, cyber security or systems engineering a plus.
- One or more industry recognized certification (i.e., CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, and Cloud+) and the willingness to continue to learn and grow.
- Proficient or knowledgeable in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying a risk-based audit approach.
- Experience in data analytics and data visualization.
- Experience auditing certain technology-related areas such as:
- Technical Resiliency and Business Continuity Management
- IT General Controls
- Automated business process controls (AI, Machine Learning, Robotics)
- Identity and Access Management
While majority of the time you will work from your primary location, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.