Junior Tax Specialist, Tax & Law Services
Junior Tax Specialist, Tax & Law Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our business tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for tax planning, compliance, strategy, and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical, and sustainable tax strategies.
If you are considering a career in EY, start ahead by joining our internship program. This program helps you understand what a career with us might be. Through our internship program, you should be able to gain a more realistic view of our business and workplace environment while we can get to know you better and provide you the platform to gain the knowledge and skills you need to begin your professional career with EY.
Your key responsibilities
As a Junior Tax Specialist, you will be expected to ensure that all the required work output is delivered in a timely manner in line with or exceeding the key performance expectations assigned for your position.
Skills and attributes for success
- Participating in preparation of initial tax analysis based on case fact and applicable
- Strong analytical skills, supporting tax compliance and accounting teams in connection with day-to-day activities, preparation of statutory reports.
- Sharing responsibility, providing support and work efficiently as a team member
- Maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Participating and assisting in preparing for meetings with target management teams
- Assisting in preparing reports that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Maintaining positive relationships both with the team members and client personnel
- Understanding and follow workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Last year students and Graduates preferably majoring in the field of economics, finance, accounting, and joint law degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Azerbaijani
- Proficiency in MS Office
- 1 or 2 years of professional experience is an advantage
- ACCA foundational papers (minimum F3) would be an advantage.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, and analytical
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under the pressure
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect some autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. We are looking for flexible professionals who can work in shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. You will need the strategic skills and executive presence to give authoritative, realistic advice every time.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, a minimum of five weeks of vacation, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.EY | Building a better working world EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
The deadline for submission of applications is October 23, 2023.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.