SMAS - Management Accounting Specialist
The Management Accounting Specialist role offers an exciting opportunity to be responsible for delivery of the end to end management accounting processes across agreed SMAS (Specialised Management Accounting Services) manufacturing sites. Person on this position will also build strong working relationships with customer groups and stakeholders and drive continuous process and service improvement.
In this role you will…
- Primarily responsible for the delivery of SMAS (Specialised Management Accounting Services) processes according to agreed operating model and/or Service Level Agreements whilst ensuring full compliance with GSK and external accounting policies
- Operate according to governance frameworks, policies and internal controls (SOX /Audit), prepare reconciliations for Balance Sheet accounts in scope as well as other relevant accounting controls
- Ensure that Site Actuals are accounted for and reported in an accurate and timely fashion for the assigned processes to support reliable, informed business decisions
- Align and partner with Site Finance to review results against plans and identify improvement opportunities
- Communicate and present information in a way that stakeholders can easily visualize and understand it to evaluate performance, exploit business opportunities or manage risk
- Build strong working relationships with customer groups and stakeholders, manage stakeholder expectations and needs, communicate effectively in all interactions through various means
- To manage own time appropriately to ensure assigned processes are performed and delivered in line with agreed timelines, and according to standard work approach
- Seek development and improvement, to deliver a level of expertise in assigned process to the benefit of SMAS group and site customers
- To actively support the SMAS culture of continuous improvement within the cluster and across the SMAS, striving for standardization and improved performance to support delivery of wider organizational objectives
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting or relevant
- Knowledge of management or financial accounting and reporting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Able to effectively manage time against agreed deadlines for activities
- Expert level Excel skills, preferably with experience in SAP or other ERP system
- Good communicator, confident in interacting with all levels of individuals across a variety of internal functions (finance and non-finance) and customer groups
- Flexibility and ‘can do’ attitude, drive to ensure that task is achieved
- Team working skills are paramount in enabling the jobholder to function effectively, to provide and receive support within small team of colleagues
- Advanced spoken and written English (min. B2)
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- CIMA/ACCA qualification support (Approved Employer)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- 60% remote work available based on the agreement with Line Manager
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (email@example.com) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements.Why Us?
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.