Mazars is a leading international professional services firm delivering exceptional quality in audit, accounting, tax, financial advisory, outsourcing and consulting.
We are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. This is a place where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action.
In Audit, we are a team of relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to our clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients' business controls, shareholder confidence and credibility of their financial statements. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services clients and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure, you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping the future of audit.
Due to strong growth and expansion, we are looking to recruit an Audit Partner into our Privately Owned Business team in Birmingham. Here you will work closely with local and national partners to further develop and build this audit team, client offering and input into our wider strategy for sustainable growth in the Midlands. You will also work closely with clients and be committed to providing an exceptional audit service.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading the client service management team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Technical expert, providing advice and leadership to the audit team and client.
- Overseeing client audits and ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner within budget.
- People management – coaching, feedback, performance management, training and development, engaging high performing teams.
- Maintains control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Presenting audit opinion summaries and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Business development, including working with colleagues in other teams.
- Acts as a point of contact for both senior management and client.
- Building strong working relationships with clients.
- Show vision and strategic perspective.
- Delivering confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients.
- Ensures audit services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client in line with quality expectations
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- ACA / CA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Holds significant experience of leading external audits managing a portfolio of clients and leading audit teams.
- Prior experience of working as a RI Director level.
- Client relationship management experience
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 and IFRS.
- Experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills as well people and team management skills
- Previous success of winning new business
- Experience of developing new initiatives and methodologies.
- Experience of identifying issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Develops a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
At Mazars, we celebrate individuality and thrive on teamwork. We give people the freedom to make a personal contribution to our shared purpose. We support one another to deliver quality, create change and make an impact so that everyone can reach their full potential.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self.
Our aim is to make the recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible - please contact us to discuss any changes you may require so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.