Technical Financial Reporting Director
Are you an experienced financial reporting specialist that has a passion to excel, deliver exceptional quality and drive growth and change? If so, then this role is for you.
RSM’s audit technical department (NATS) provides technical support to RSM’s audit and financial advisory services business lines.
A sub-set of NATS is the financial reporting specialist team. These specialists provide support to teams, mostly on technical accounting and reporting matters.
We are looking for an individual with strong financial and narrative reporting skills who has experience of dealing with complex financial reporting matters and reviewing premium or standard listed company annual reports and can:
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Contribute to the development of the department from a strategic and operational perspective
- Work under time pressure and to tight reporting deadlines
- Mentor more junior personnel and assist in the development of their technical and communication skills
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Perform technical pre-clearance reviews on annual reports for the firm’s highest risk audit clients
- Act in the capacity of a financial reporting specialist on the firm’s highest risk audit clients (dependent on skills and specialisms)
- Provide technical advice and support on complex accounting and financial reporting matters under IFRS and UK GAAP
- Lead a sub-team on financial reporting and other ad-hoc departmental projects
- Sign out technical advice of more junior team members
- Utilise technical skills in developing the firm's brand and enhancing its reputation in the market
- Propose and review internal technical communications, including training material, and published guidance documents
- Propose recommendations in response to regulatory change
- Provide comments and views in response to regulatory consultations
Personal and professional
- ACA/ACCA/CA/CAI qualification (or equivalent)
Requirements for the role
- Strong IFRS and UK GAAP financial reporting knowledge
- Recent experience of applying IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 in practice
- Experience of performing technical reviews of UK premium and standard listed entity financial statements to ensure compliance with reporting requirements
- Audit experience (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead teams and projects
- Ability to develop junior personnel
- Can demonstrate a track record of quality outputs
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.