Senior Manager – Accounts Payable
Job Description –Senior Manager – Accounts Payable
Basic Purpose of Job:
- The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for managing day-to-day AP Operational delivery and Oversight activities including control and risk environment, AP Projects, Internal/External Audits, Technology Enablement, Transitions of AP Activities and Identifying process improvement opportunities
- This individual will provide subject matter expertise in the area of accounting related to Accounts Payable
- Accounts Payable manager will be actively involved in Implementation of tools (including ERP) & technologies as appropriate
- Role includes partnering with senior stakeholders within Accounts Payable, Procurement, technology/IT, Projects teams and external suppliers.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Responsible for implementation a culture of risk management including identifying key risks and implementing mitigating controls, regular reviews and monitoring of key risks and controls
- Responsible for Accounts Payable Operations delivery including timely processing of Supplier invoices and Employee expenses and oversight/governance on service provider managing AP operations delivery
- Ensure all defined Process/Monitoring/Sox controls are performed per defined procedure and frequency
- Create reporting metrics to assist with oversight of controls
- Manage internal and Statutory Audit and various internal assurance events with Risk and Compliance teams covering process walkthroughs, coordination on sample testing’s, conclusion/agreement on Audit observations and associated risk mitigation remediation planning and execution
- Plan and lead major systems & change projects in consultation with Business, Finance System and Change management teams
- Need to ensure that the key project and change milestones are met in a timely manner and in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Drive and encourage the creation of continuous improvement ideas within process and turn them towards actionable projects
- Scan external environment for leading practices, emerging industry trends and digital landscape to leverage in the process
- Manage oversight activities including sample testing of AP & Employee Expense transactions processed by AP Operations teams, controls testing’s etc.
- Prepare reporting & analytics deliverables
- May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analysis on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis and accounting transactions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on accounts payable transactions.
- Adopt “owner’s mind set”, work independently, and effectively manage timelines
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with around 12-15 years of relevant post qualification experience in a shared services environment in Accounts Payable including Vendor Invoices, Supplier Set ups, Employee Expense Reimbursement and Procurement processes including VAT, GST, US & Canadian Taxes
- Should have strong exposure and understanding of finance system – Oracle R12/Oracle Cloud and prior experience in implementing Oracle R12/Oracle Cloud is an added advantage
- Should have in-depth knowledge of and exposure to Global Procure to Pay processes in financial service industry
- Flexible with working in multiple time zones and extended hours per project requirements
- Should have exposure to working in a global environment with an ability to work with people across globe in different time zones and with different cultures
- Should have strong communication skills to manage effective discussion with senior stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills and ability to get stakeholder buy-in for initiatives and projects
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to provide insights to streamline and simplify processes and deliver value
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in design and analysis of business processes and systems.
- Ability to independently resolve complex issues/problems and decision-making capabilities
- Track record of compliance culture maintenance and enforcement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
Desirable: Skills or Experience – the ‘nice to haves’
- Knowledge of automation technologies in Accounts payable area including RPA implementations, Machine Learning. Artificial Intelligence etc.
- Certification in Change management, Project Management, Digital/Technology Enablement
- Experience in managing overall AP and Procurement Subledger implementations in Oracle R12/ Oracle Cloud
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.